BOWLING GREEN, Mo. — The deadline to apply for help with utility bills in Missouri is fast approaching.
The North East Community Action Corporation is taking applications through September 30.
The good news is the maximum benefit has doubled to 600 dollars. NECAC has more than one million dollars available to distribute.
Applicants must have a household income of 135 percent or less of the federal poverty level – a monthly income of $2,400 for a family of three or $2,897 for a family of four – and have less than $3,000 in a bank account.
NECAC also continues to take applications for the summer portion of the Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP). It pays overdue up to $600 for income-qualifying households that have received an electricity shut-off notice.
Applications and more information for all of the energy assistance programs is available at NECAC County Service Centers or by logging on to www.necac.org. For more information, call the following Service Centers:
- Lewis County: 573-288-3969.
• Lincoln County: 636-528-7604.
• Macon County: 660-385-4616.
• Marion County: 573-221-7166.
• Monroe County: 660-327-4110.
• Montgomery County: 573-564-3606.
• Pike County: 573-324-2207.
• Ralls County: 573-985-2411.
• Randolph County: 660-263-6595.
• Shelby County: 573-633-2210.
• St. Charles County: 636-272-3477
• Warren County: 636-456-8191